Welcome!

I will invite you to the blog using the e-mail address you gave me in class.
NOTE: the invitation doesn't always work with non-gmail addresses. If this is the case, please e-mail me from a gmail address (you all have an ocdsb one if you don't feel like creating a new one).

You will need to accept my invitation then create a profile. Please use your real first name and the first letter of your last name as your profile name (so I can tell who's posting).

Due dates are as follows:

-Blog 1: Wednesday March 30, 2016
-Blog 2: Friday April 29, 2016
-Blog 3: Friday June 10, 2016

Happy blogging!

Thursday 21 April 2016

Between a rock and a hard place (127 Hours)- Aron Ralston
   
     Rating ****

127 hours is an amazing movie and it based on a true story.  When I started watching it, i couldn't stop because it was really good and I want to know what is going to happen next. This movie is really interesting, amazing and it really inspired.
 
    “Between a rock and a hard place” is about a man name Aron Ralston. Aron Ralston love hiking, he want to be the first person to climb all 59 ranked mountain peaks. One day he decided to go on an adventure to Utah Canyon. He didn’t let anyone know where he is going. However while climbing over a boulder, Aron’s found out that the boulder was not as sturdy as he thought it was. The rock tumbled down fast. Aron falls down with a boulders between two ledges and leaving his wrist and his right hand trapped. He was panicking and tries anything to take his arm out but he couldn’t. Over the next 127 hours, he still trapped in the same place. It was raining, windy and sunny. He had struggle to survive and there were no food or water left for him to eat or drink. He have to decide whether to give up or cut his own arm off. And  he decided to cut his own arm off, he was losing lot and lot of blood and ran for help.

       I really enjoy the movie. I was really shocked and impressed with Aron decision because i didn’t expect him to cut off his own arm to survive. I really like the story of this movie. I liked it because it really inspired me how he still keep climbing and hiking even though he lost one of his arm. It means that he doesn’t giving up his dream of becoming the first man to climb all 59 mountains or his dream of becoming a mountain climber since he was a kid. He didn’t let the fact that he losing one of his arm stopping him from doing what he enjoys. From this movie, I’ve learn that never give up on anything and always try your best to do it. It is also okay to do something that are out of your comfort zone because life is too short to worry about anything, do what you like and enjoy no matter what people say or stopping you from doing it.

     I will put the linked of the trailer movie down below so you can check it out. I would recommended everyone to watch it. There is book as well and I definitely recommend it to people who doesn’t like watching movie. Give it a try and you guys will love it!

Reference :Smith, Rodney, and Aron Ralston. 127 Hours. London: Scholastic, 2012. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment