Welcome!

I will invite you to the blog using the e-mail address you gave me in class.
NOTE: the invitation doesn't always work with non-gmail addresses. If this is the case, please e-mail me from a gmail address (you all have an ocdsb one if you don't feel like creating a new one).

You will need to accept my invitation then create a profile. Please use your real first name and the first letter of your last name as your profile name (so I can tell who's posting).

Due dates are as follows:

-Blog 1: Wednesday March 30, 2016
-Blog 2: Friday April 29, 2016
-Blog 3: Friday June 10, 2016

Happy blogging!

Sunday 27 March 2016

"I'm Going on an Adventure!"

Extreme Photos of the Week 2016 - Various photographers

Rating: *****

If you’ve done six impossible things this morning, why not round it off with one of the activities featured in the Extreme Photos of the Week. The link leads to a collection of incredible photos taken of people doing extreme sports in remote outdoors locations, such as kayaking down a waterfall, skiing glaciers and surfing massive waves, amongst other things.


One of the photos is shown above. Each photo has a short description of the activity, where it was done and challenges to taking the photo. For example, this picture was taken on the Jalacingo River in Veracruz, Mexico. The picture is of a man dropping off a 70-foot waterfall (called Twisted Pleasure) in a kayak. The photographer had to climb a slippery trail through thick roots and branches to get into position to take the photo.

I found all the photos to be mind-blowingly amazing. I like taking pictures (I’m a com tech student) and love seeing incredible pictures like these. I also love being outside and I want to go to some of the places shown in the photos because of their beauty and the adventures they promise. I like to think I’m becoming a sort-of skilled photographer, and I wonder if I have the skills to take pictures of this quality if I was in a similar scenario. The pictures also give me the desire to go out and try something extreme, albeit under more controlled conditions. While I wouldn’t immediately kayak down a waterfall, I’m now more excited to try white-water canoeing at the camping trip.

Anyone who appreciates good photography or insanely crazy stunts, or would simply like to have their mind blown by the incredible photos should definitely take a look at the collection, and see how the pictures inspire you.

"Extreme Photo of the Week - 2016 - National Geographic." National Geographic. Web. 09 Mar. 2016. <http://adventure.nationalgeographic.com/adventure/extreme-photo-of-the-week/2016/>.  

No comments:

Post a Comment