Welcome!

I will invite you to the blog using the e-mail address you gave me in class.
NOTE: the invitation doesn't always work with non-gmail addresses. If this is the case, please e-mail me from a gmail address (you all have an ocdsb one if you don't feel like creating a new one).

You will need to accept my invitation then create a profile. Please use your real first name and the first letter of your last name as your profile name (so I can tell who's posting).

Due dates are as follows:

-Blog 1: Wednesday March 30, 2016
-Blog 2: Friday April 29, 2016
-Blog 3: Friday June 10, 2016

Happy blogging!

Wednesday 30 March 2016

Paleoplanet - Duncan Hogan



Paleoplanet – Duncan Hogan
Rating: 5/5
Paleoplanet is a forum for discussing topics related to primitive (Stone Age-Iron Age) survival skills. The forum includes sections on pottery, shelter building, primitive weapons making, fire starting, hunting, and many more as well as a general discussions area for members to post about topics that don’t necessarily fit in any other category.

The site contains information relevant to survival and bushcraft that can be used almost anywhere in the world, such as fire starting, shelter building, and tool making techniques, although some information, such as that on edible and medicinal plants, is very much regional. And because most of the members are from North America, Europe, and Australia, most of the information does pertain to those parts of the world.

I discovered this website when I was about twelve years old. Because I live right on the edge of Stittsville, I am surrounded by woodland and have grown up exploring the woods with my friends. Just like any twelve year old boy would be, I loved learning how to make weapons and fire the most. However, since then I have continues to enjoy bushcraft as a hobby, and have learned an immense number of almost-forgotten skills from Paleoplanet.

I would highly recommend this website to anyone looking to learn how to survive in the wild without the use of any modern tools or gadgets. After all, not many people these days are able to hunt, build, and survive with tools they made from scratch.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment